I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,517 Times in 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Those initial screens were pretty small, they're now getting bigger. Is there any reason to believe this is making drivers more distracted other than the musings of a bunch of older men on the thread?
​​​
The "musings of a bunch of older men " is a polite phrase to describe the highly emotional rants sometimes encountered on BF, especially A&S, about the hoards of motorists inflicting horrendous carnage on bicyclists because they are always distracted while driving by screens and texting. These "musings" often provide anecdotal "evidence" from the poster that a large percentage of motorists that they have seen are texting while driving and/or driving while seldom looking up from their "screens."

If these musing posters were credible and to be believed, it seems remarkable that anybody could complete any trip on a street, without a catastrophe occurring due to collisions with cars being driven by people who are not looking at the road; perhaps these musing posters are cycling in a land of self-driving cars.