cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2421 Post(s)
Liked 4,388 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
I think the rears are all 40H but you might want to verify with your neighbor what he needs. If he's desperate I can fetch the carcass, remove the wheel and cut out the spokes in order to ship the rim, then keep the hub for myself and junk the rest but that's way more work than I want to do in the middle of the house remodel (kitchen and living room coming along nicely, thanks). I don't even have time--and more importantly, the energy-- to play with my own bike stuff. I'm sure your neighbor can find a rim more easily than that. Or maybe not. Perhaps by the time he decides, this one will have vanished.

P.S. I'd hate to junk the remains. Tourists are just too neat for that kind of treatment. If the thing disappears I'd wonder where it went but would at least be certain that I was not the one who sent it to its demise.
Even the later DL-1s with 36h front rims run 40h in the back, IIRC. I'd feel safe in assuming his follows that pattern.

From the looks of it, the rim looks pretty rusty anyway; was really just fishing to see if anyone had a spare hoop they'd part with.

If it wasn't for your remodeling, your time and effort, and the fact that these things are the size of the QE2, I'd just say plop the whole thing in a box and we'll tear it apart here. I know both my neighbor and I could both probably make use of the bits

-Kurt