Old 03-11-23, 01:57 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3426 Post(s)
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,122 Posts
More on wheel rub from saddle bags:

Staehpj1 on this forum has commented in the past that if you have canti brake posts on your seatstays, you can mount that small little Nashbar fork mounted platform rack on the rear to support a bag. If Nashbar does not make it any more (I have not been on their site for years) Sunlite also made similar racks.

A friend of mine was commenting on needing a support for a saddle bag. And soon after he commented, I saw a bike with a DIY support so I took a photo to send to him. Photo below. If I was going to try to build something like that, I would have done it a bit differently, but not that different. I probably would have used P clips instead of the angle aluminum bars, etc.

Happy Feet who used to post on this forum used a small aluminum rack that he hacksawed down to a more compact shape to support a saddle bag but not be any bigger than the bare minimum for that.

Happy Feet also used a Carradice rack that hung from his saddle bag loops, but it only worked with some Brooks saddles, not all saddles.