Old 03-12-23, 03:34 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Good tale to tell. Glad you were alert and everything worked out on the good side of things.

However I am curious about you saying that the right turn lane is obligated to stop. If you are saying the car was eastbound and turned right, then there aren't any stop bars in that turn through. And I'm having a hard time seeing a light... or is there a actual stop sign. So the isn't car obligated to stop unless there is traffic it must yield to... or a stop sign or light, in which case they should paint stop bars on that turn lane.

Or were you northbound and the car westbound on Airline turning right onto Houma/Central? In which case the car had a stop bar in that right turn lane and is required to stop on red before turning.

But in either case you clearly had the right-of-way. The car should have stopped.

I have that last situation coming back from many of my rides. The right turn lane is as the one on the north side of airline with the stop bar going across. People turning right there are too use to ignoring the red and continue their turn without stopping. I do have to be wary. I've actually played chicken with a few just so I could make them slam on brakes.

Last edited by Iride01; 03-12-23 at 03:39 PM.