View Single Post
Old 03-12-23, 05:36 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
The climbing just after Loudeac on the way towards Brest seems steep to me maybe close to 20% for a while, but I have only ridden it in the dark just after I woke up. So I could be wrong about that. On the way back, riding downhill through the woods, I was having fun until they stopped me and made me turn on my second light which made it so I couldn't see. Apparently they were having crashes, I passed one. The crashees were pretty annoyed when I asked if they were okay.
Ironically, that hill and I have a history. In 2019, a Fixie was ahead weaving back and forth across the road. On my bent, 4 mph is the slowest that I can go and still balance and 5 mph is better. The Fixie was probably doing 2-3 mph. "On your left, passing on your left. A Gauche, regardez...faites attention. Linkx. Etc.". My only beef with fixed gear riders is how they take up the whole road on climbs. I tore my PCL in 1995 and that hill was my abandonnee point. I did walk up the last part but realized no way to do another 700-800km.
Likes For GhostRider62: