View Single Post
Old 03-14-23, 09:29 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,954 Times in 2,643 Posts
Buy the bike you want don't upgrade it right away that is a good sign the bike was not the right one. Certainly some situations that is tough. My Supercharger2 Rohloff HS had bars and a fork I didn't want but there was no option to change that but going full custom which I wanted to do actually would have gotten me farther from my goal so in that case I did compromise but on something like an Epic or any other multi tiered bikes get the highest end spec you can or buy a frameset and build it how you want. Luckily now they have made the Epic into a buyable bike instead of some goofy suspension stuff that doesn't exist. Cool ideas and concepts but just stick with what works.

I pretty much only do frame up builds for the fact I don't generally like most specs so I would have to upgrade them and that will be expensive as well. I just want to know I am putting on what will work best for me and leave me not having to sell these new parts. If I was buying a stock bike good suspension would be the top priority and if I was choosing between mechanical groups in 11-12 speed I wouldn't worry they are equal enough(ish) but having electronic stuff would be a major priority if I wanted an upgraded groupset.