Old 03-19-23, 08:28 AM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,391 Times in 709 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
My first thought is that the power trend line is maybe not very significant given the relatively wide spread of data points. Your power actually looks pretty consistent within that range. It's just that you didn't have any upper range points in that period at the end of the year.

The shift in right/left power balance does look more significant. I would be tempted to experiment with saddle height to see if it affects your power balance. for example you may be compensating for a lack of reach/mobility on one side.
interesting. i will try that for sure. i’m not very flexible, hadn’t thought of it as a mobility issue, as opposed to a strength issue. the power data is a little hard to make heads or tails of, but that same pattern (the drop and recovery) is actually seen in a couple other places, like segment times and strava’s fitness estimate. so i do think it’s a decrease in performance of some kind, maybe just fewer good rides and more weak ones.

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I second saddle position. Up/down and fore/aft. At least I see that for me. (the muscle that connects to the left ass bone is too short and gets sore, I need slightly lower and slightly more forward saddle than preferred....3-5 mm is enough to make a difference in both)

You did not happen to have COVID a year ago or thereabouts? I had it in early December and my power levels are way, way off still. Hoping to see a trend line like yours.
i actually did have covid, january 1, 2022. but it was so mild that other than skipping two or three days i just rode through it. it is possible that there was some effect in the longer term, but at the time i actually felt pretty good due to the elevated heart rate, which was extremely obviously on every ride that week or two.

Originally Posted by Hermes
In my case, I put the L/R 3 sec balance on my Garmin. And for endurance rides, I put more focus on the power balance and if I do, it is always around 50/50. At high power, the balance is always around 50/50. If I am just rolling around, my right leg does most of the work.
i find it very hard to stay focused on my left side, but i definitely can concentrate it into 50/50 or higher for brief periods. i should move L/R onto the data screen i typically use.

thanks for the replies guys, food for thought.