View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 09:08 AM
jeirvine 

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 279 Posts
Originally Posted by big chainring
I had a '69 Competition. It was definitely a laid back, long wheelbase type of bike. Big swooping fork that absorbed road shock. Pencil thin tapered seat stays. Low bottom bracket. Very traditional english sport bike.

Thru about 1973 the competition stayed with similar geometry. From '74 on the angles got steeper and turned more toward race geometry.
In 1980 I started the year racing on that bike. Was in Madison, Wi racing around the capitol and struck a pedal in a corner. Went down and bent the top tube.
There are other Raleighs from this period of 69-74 that probably had similar if not identical geometry to the Comps. I am by no means an expert, but I suspect the Professional, Super Tourer, and Internationals all had about the same geo. Might be easier to find what you want if you have a broader search.