View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 10:17 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
By the way I have been more than a little tempted with the REI Flash Air 1 Tent. It seems like a reasonable compromise for a cheapskate like me who doesn't want to spend $600 for a tent and worries about Dyneema maybe being fragile. It is comfortably under 2 pounds and with a 20% off sale the price is pretty decent. I have liked a few of the other Flash line of items from REI. With the 20% off deal going on I may pull the trigger on one. I will most likely still use a bivy for some types of trips even if I buy this tent.
That looks a lot like the Six Moons Lunar Solo and the REI one includes a pole. Also, Six Moons ones, you have to seam seal them yourself.

For light weight backpacking, I am quite happy with my single pole tent, I think you have seen photos of mine on this forum, if not I can post a photo. But not doing so now as I do not want to hijack this thread. I made a pole for mine so I do not have to mess with the length adjustment on my trekking pole, the REI one includes the pole. And it looks like the REI pole could be folded up short enough that you could velcro that to your top tube.

Mine is heavier but mine has a separate netting tent, REI one has a single wall ceiling that will get coated with condensation.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: