View Single Post
Old 03-23-23, 10:32 AM
cormacf

Bikes: 2017 Lynskey Sportive Disc, 2021 Lynskey Pro29, 1977 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 29 Posts
Banana seat middleweights?

Howdy!

We have a Taco Tuesday ride by the beach here in SoCal with a mix of bikes, but a trend toward beach cruisers (for the natural reasons), choppers and ratrods, and some neat old vintage stuff--but also some ebikes and the like, because it's about tacos and beer. My wife has given me license to buy a new bike to fill that gap (because rolling up on a titanium roadie would definitely make me THAT guy).

My instinct says "use it as an excuse to buy a shiny Erocia bike," and I still might, but that's not really in the spirit of things. But being born in 1971, I also have a thing for banana seats. There's actually a sting-ray on Craigslist right now that looks OK, but I'm not sure how well I'd fit on something with 20" tires.

I do have pretty short legs (30" inseam) for my height (5'10"), so it might work, but I was also wondering if y'all had any suggestions for more traditional 26"-wheeled bikes that might have had banana seats so I could ride it 5 or 10 miles in comfort.
Likes For cormacf: