View Single Post
Old 03-23-23, 06:16 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
I missed this thread completely but have a few to contribute, in no particular order.

Waterford Paramount with ESGEs that used to be on my old Trek 710 and before that on my old Batavus during a Europe trip in '79.

Cimarron with Zefals.

My old Trek 510 with Planet Bikes. Still have the fenders.

My old RB-T with Blumels...

...that years before adorned my old PX10. Both bikes gone but I still have the fenders.

Three Sportses. The blue one was given to a niece and was succeeded by a black one.

The one that began this fender thing, my old Batavus in Germany in '74 with red Blumels. I sat in a city park in France in the rain and installed these, the only ones they had in stock. Made all the difference for the rest of that tour and I haven't done many miles without fenders since. My friend Pat in CT still has the bike and those fenders are on it once again.

And the same bike five years later in Austria (different trip) wearing those ESGEs.

So you see, fenders can have a long and happy life. Get yourself some.
Likes For thumpism: