Old 03-27-23, 10:34 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4242 Post(s)
Liked 1,342 Times in 931 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
It depends on what other screen type you are comparing too. In general AMOLED is a disadvantage for direct sunlight. Garmin has always used other types of screens that are highly visible in direct sunlight.

So without me looking at what Garmin is touting for these products it might just be these allow them to sell the device at a lower cost. Though possibly they've got some special version that negates the general con's of AMOLED.
And turned it into this because you by your own admission exaggerated something that you misunderstood.
No, what you said here was wrong about the Garmin devices.

You confuse my reasons for not wanting something as something I hold others to. That's wrong on your part. And you obviously don't like my humorous way of giving my reason yet you were okay with you comment that I was accusing Garmin of a conspiracy.
The "conspiracy" comment was knock of your silly unfounded "explanation". Your comment was dismissive of the valid reasons people might prefer AMOLED.

So why single me out? As I said initially I really had no idea about the units Garmin was selling with that type of display. As well Garmin watches aren't my thing.
If you are going to come participate in text conversations with others, you shouldn't impart such a twisted take on what you think the other persons views are.
You really shouldn't participate in topics you don't know much or even care about.

Last edited by njkayaker; 03-27-23 at 10:55 AM.