Old 03-30-23, 06:19 AM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
Here’s one of my bikes with a cheap, steel bar in the North Road/Albatross touring bar shape. Actual bar is the Sunlite Elson Roadster and it comes in black or chrome finish:

The photo is looking down the steering axis. You can see the typical grip position is about even with the steering axis and that is a nice, comfy, weight back position. That is with a 140mm stem. Obviously with a shorter stem the bars could come back further (or you could cut them shorter if you like).

These bars also have grip foam forward of the brake levers, so just about every part of the bar can be used for a riding position.

Actually, I spend more time with my palms across the brake lever attachment points, with my fingers gripping the front edge of the brake lever body. The other main positions are on the forward bends, either out of the saddle or when climbing.

It’s very versatile but less of a city bike look than your examples.

Even with only the standard grip location, I do find this more swept back bar angle is very comfortable. I prefer it to the less angled bars, some of which I have tried. YMMV.

Otto
Likes For ofajen: