Old 03-30-23, 04:27 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,936 Times in 1,763 Posts
A few more have snuck into the house or been built up since the last time I posted.

This was picked up locally as a "winter project". Found a really beautiful frame under all the dust and grime. Pulled off the pretty mint looking Exage groupset and rebuilt this one with a mix of Dura Ace and Ultegra 9 speed parts.

Then this nice Merckx Corsa 01 showed up on another forum at a great price for the built bike. I've always wanted to try one of Eddy's bikes and I lucked out and got my hands on it.

Then I stumbled on this bike with a bit of a story. Still haven't confirmed the story by getting through to Oscar but it's quite a nice little bike either way. Supposed to be his training bike from the first team he won the WC with.

Then I stumbled on this beautiful Gianni Motta as a NOS frameset. I've been looking for a good U.S. Flag themed one in my size for years. Built this up with a nice, used Campagnolo C-Record 8 speed groupset.

And finally there's this 80's NOS Krapf frameset I had been watching since at least 2018. Stumbled on it looking for a Vanni Losa build and yes, he did build this one. Built it up mostly with Suntour Superbe parts and a few Dura Ace bits.

Weird thing for me is all of these have come into the house during the winter and I still have not ridden any of them. Winter won't quit this year as the snow is still at least 4 ft. deep in my yard and over 9 ft. deep where I've been snowblowing all winter. And right now it is dumping again. On top of that I just scheduled a full knee replacement in about 10 days so I don't know when I'll be back on the bikes this year. Sad....