View Single Post
Old 03-13-06, 11:32 AM
CdCf
Videre non videri

Bikes: 1 road bike (simple, light), 1 TT bike (could be more aero, could be lighter), 1 all-weather commuter and winter bike, 1 Monark 828E ergometer indoor bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeOxfordCT
According to Surly you can make the jump from 26' to 700cc wheels at the 56cm frame size. The last time I got fitted for a road bike I was a 56cm, (I'm 5' 10", normal proportions). Can I still use 26" wheels on a 56cm LHT frame ?
No, you can't. If the frame had had disc brake mounts, you would've had that option, but as it is now, you won't be able to fit any rim brakes.

Originally Posted by JoeOxfordCT
My other question is regarding frame size itself. Like I said, the last time I got fitted for a road bike I was a 56cm. (on a '05 Felt). This would be my first touring bike and I realize the geometries are different than on a pure road bike. Could I just go ahead and order a 56cm frame or should I try and find a shop with a LHT in stock ?
I'm 5'10", 33.5" inseam, and I ride a 54 cm LHT without any problems. And I've even got a short stem (60 mm). The size difference between a 54 and a 56 is fully possible to negate using stem length, saddle position, saddle height and so on... And even if you were fitted to a 56 cm that one time, that doesn't mean that holds true for an LHT.