View Single Post
Old 03-14-06, 08:47 PM
Miller2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Spinerval question/observation

I just bought my first Spinerval tape.."Sweating Buckets". Quite frankly I did not find it to be very challenging. Now....before I am accused of being cocky, let me ask a few questions.

First of all, I have been pretty much off my workout routine since Jan 12 due to surgery. I have just been back on the bike over the past couple weeks.

One thing I noticed in the tape was that everyone had a double whereas I have a triple. When Troy said to use the small chainring, I used my middle ring as comparable to their small ring. Obviously I used my large when they used their large. My question would be, is that in fact comparable or is my middle ring an easier spin than their small ring?

Another thing would be when Troy tells you to spin at a certain effort level such as 60%. 60% of what? Max heart rate? Available energy at that moment? How do I gauge 60 or 90%?

There is only 1 section where cadence is used. During the other sections should I be spinning at a certain cadence?

It was a fair workout at best unless I am doing something wrong. Advice or comments are welcome.