sherpaPeak
rider of the east

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thord
Hey guys,

What do you guys like? Whats component brands are good and not overpriced for the name?

Thanks guys, see ya on the trails (if i get a new bike!!!!)
welcome to the forum!!! between the two I would go with the RHopper, based entriely on personal preference. simple, I like the frame better than the Trek.

in my opinion, both these brands are overpriced. they are popular so their brand name adds to the actual price of the products along with the frame and the components, at least more so than some other brands.

Personal Opinion: Brands like Iron Horse (Iron Horse Warrior series, better speced than many bikes), Jamis, GT, Diamondback do not have a big following, in other words, not as popular as the above mentioned two, so they make the bikes talk for themselves, not the brand name.

I could be wrong about GT, but GT is trying to make a comeback after they were sold out. so, they are trying to gain back their market share with good value products. their Avalanche line is decent.

finally, every opinion is biased, they may give you new ideas (which is positive), but they are still biased. So buy what fits you, and what you like.