C_Heath
Its Freakin HammerTime!!!

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix and Giant AnthemX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jennings780
C_Health: I had surgery to tighten ankle ligaments Nov.'04. I had a similiar situation to you it sounds like. Had a grade 3 sprain in college (1989) where I couldn't even put weight on my ankle for 3 or 4 weeks. I continued to sprain my ankle 10 -15 times a year. After a few years it stopped hurting. That should have been a bad sign, but I ignored it and didn't worry about it. I ended up dislocating it playing flag football in '04 - but it popped right back in. When I did that I want to an orthopedic guy that told me that my ankle was "subluxating" when I walked meaning that it was sliding out of place just by walking. So, I had two surgeries, was in a cast for 7 weeks and then an aircast for another 6 weeks.
Interesting. Surgery was totally worth it. But, my ankle does hurt most all the time now due to arthritis and cartledge damage. My surgeon said I'll probably need an ankle fusion in 10 or 15years.

When is your surgery? If you have any questions about recovery, pain or anything, feel free to PM me.

PEDEX: to avoid future problems you need to rehab your ankle by doing: (1) strengthening exercises, and (2) balancing exercises. Here's some good stuff on ankle sprains and how to treat them: http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010101/93.html

Because you could walk on your ankle, although painfully, it sounds like you didn't do too much damage, which is good. Hopefully rehab should help.
Wow, Thanks.....

The twins come first, Im gonna drop about $5.5K on them next week. Your right, My ankle dosent hurt anymore after about 30 minutes after I roll it over. However, the pain is intense the moment It happens. I have rolled it so far once that my ankle bone (yes, the actual bump on the outside of my foot) has gotten cut from the pavement. Thats how far it goes. I get vomit sick, BAD vomit sick. Ill get it done. We will have met the family decuctible for the year Im sure after the kids have theres done. I cannot watch a replay of a ball player rolling his/her ankle over or I will Vomit on site. All I have to see is it go and I will hurl. Thats the fobia I have. Kinda sucks. I will have this surgery, though not yet scheduled, it has to be done.

Anyhow, I hate being cut on, for fear, I wont wake up but thats me.

http://www.xxcycle.com/logo_w150h100/bmc.jpg