Old 03-22-06, 09:40 PM
bigfatdud
Infiltrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Apt. manager says to remove bike rack

I live in an apartment, and today I received a notice from the apartment office that says..

"...your vehicle with bike rack is interferring with street and foot traffic. You lease states that entrances, hallways, walks, lawns and other public areas shall not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress.
Please be advised if the item is not removed within 24 hours of the date of this letter, we will dispose of them and may seek to recover the expense from you..."

I am enraged! I could deal with them when they laughed at me when I suggested whether they have a plan to put some bike racks in the complex... But this is totally unfair... I have a Altima with the bike rack, and obviously there are numerous pickups and huge SUVs that have the body length well over the overall length of my vehicle even with the bike rack.

But I just don't want to fight with them, I just want to reason... I'll try to talk to the manager tomorrow. But I'm just wondering, if reasoning doesn't work, what should I do?

FYI, I use my rack fairly frequently that I regard it as a permanent attachment to my vehicle. For God's sake there should be some law or something that can back me up!

Please advise!

Thank you.
BFD