Mentor58
'Mizer Cats are INSANE

Bikes: C-dale T800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lion Steve
I've been thinking of getting a Bones 3 for my minivan. It would be primarily used on just weekends for my wife and I. I have another rack that I leave on my car most of the time. I was wondering - Once the straps are adjusted to the proper lengths, are they then easy to reinstale the next time that the rack is used?
Yep, the only thing that I did was to use some nail polish and put the letters T, S, or B on the appropriate clips for the Top, Side, and Bottom straps. They are stamped, but it's a bit hard for these old eyes to read. I also used a bit of polish to mark the locations where the various bar got set, so that I could collapse it all the way down for when I wasn't using it. (that was before I noticed the little stickers they put in the package to accomplish the same thing.)

One observation, the straps are VERY long, to fit almost any type of vehicle. I used a couple of short strips of velcro to loop and wrap them so they don't flail around in the wind. I'm not going to cut them, since I may need that length some time in the future with a different vehicle.

Steve W.
Who isn't teaching today, just setting up a classroom. It's like a vacation.