Old 03-29-06, 06:40 PM
phoebeisis
New Orleans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
UPS is trying to steal my MTB!!

I had 2 odd phones calls from UPS in the last 7 days;the gist of it is that they want to take my Giant NRS.One of them actually said" we paid for it, it is ours"!They might have paid someone,but it wasn't me!!
The story
1)About 4 months ago I bought a 16.5 NRS for $600+$55 shipping.One chainwheel was completely stripped of teeth-this explains the slightly low price.
2)I paid-paypal the $655 immediately,and it arrived about 1 wk later.
3)Unfortunately it arrived in a very beat up box-crushed and punctured.
4)The frame was dented in a couple of places.
5)I contacted the buyer-we bargained a little bit-and he sent me $200 for the lost value of the frame.I was happy with this.
6)He also asked me to bring it to UPS so they could see the box-dent etc.I did this-they took pictures etc.They also wanted to send it back to him to which I replied-NFW!!I paid for it,I'm sure not sending it back to him without getting all my $$ back.
7)I was happy-he-the seller said he would pursue UPS to try to get them to make good on the damages.He also said he would send me some more $$,if they made good.I emailed back and told him,I was happy with how things stood,if he got any $$ it was his.
8)2 weeks ago -out of the blue-I get $105 from him via paypal.I sent him a note-thanks etc.I was pretty surprised,but I wasn't going to look this horse in the mouth!!
9)1 wk ago I get a call from UPS.They"want to know when they can pick up the bike"-WTF??The UPS person said "they paid the claim,the bike was theirs!!".I told them they hadn't paid me jack-the bike was mine.They then asked if it had been repaired or replaced-"No".I told them to take it up with the guy who made the claim.
10)Today-repeat of the call"we paid for it,it is ours". I once again told them they hadn't paid me-take it up with the guy they paid-the bike wasn't his to sell.
What do you think of this crap??I suspect the next thing is going be be some CS letter from a lawyer"sue you-ruin your credit etc".Fair chance I will end up having to hire a lawyer to get these UPS idiots off my back.
Just what I need-Thanks.Charlie
PS I have changed every part on the bike but the headset and the rear wheel,so there is no way I will give up this bike!

Last edited by phoebeisis; 03-29-06 at 10:00 PM.