View Single Post
Old 03-30-06, 01:33 PM
phoebeisis
New Orleans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'm going to let him swing in the wind for awhile;he can pay UPS the $119.If he pays them,and they quit bugging me,I'll probably send him $105.I have 2 reasons for not paying him now:
1)He lied to UPS and told them "I paid him for the bike,and I have the paypal receipts to prove it."This pisses me off.He sicced UPS on me,and lied.He didn't pay me for the bike-he paid me about 35% for the dent-and he tried to bluff them,and me.
2)He gave me the "you want to keep the bike?" crap today,when he knew we had resolved that issue 4 months ago when he declined to refund my $655.I would have sent him the bike back-it was his choice to take the bike back,and give a refund,or to pay for the dent.He was trying to bluff me into rolling over with fear that UPS was going to sue me-ruin credit(who cares,I own my house,and credit cards aren't really much of a plus-I would spend a lot less $$ without CC's).
I think his intentions were mostly good-he could have just not given me anything-but greed got the best of him.I can understand that impulse,but he shouldn't have tried to get me to take the hit,and he should have given me a "heads up." I'm mainly pissed about the "I paid him for the bike,and I can prove it,"-that is pure BS,and it caused UPS to go after me.
If I had been in his shoes,I would have paid the $119,and have been happy to get >$743 for a $600 bike.Instead he wants to end up with $862 for a $600 bike.
Thanks.Charlie