View Single Post
Old 04-02-06, 03:41 PM
mingsta
All the gear and no idea.

Bikes: 03 Klein Attitude Comp, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Condor Pista Track, Seven Alaris SG = perfection, all the bike I will ever need

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deanster04
Sorry guys but plain Ti is very boring (almost soulless) and big gaudy decals don't do it for me.
Thats a fair comment, but for me having an unpainted frame is one of the big plus points of Ti.

Believe me, I should know, I own a Klein Attitude. Klein do one of the nicest factory paint going (well, for a non boutique brand at least) and it's a nightmare!!! Although the paint job is reasonably tough, I used to cry every time I washed it down after a muddy ride and spotted a new chip on the down tube. When I crash, I end up using my body as a cushion to save the Klein. When I look over the frame, I can see the little chips and scratches it has picked up over the years and a little piece of me dies with every imperfection.

Okay, just fooling around with that last bit, but the babying of a pretty paint job I can do without. My Seven's been ridden hard in all weather for 8 months and is still factory fresh.