Old 04-03-06, 11:52 AM
blknwhtfoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My actiobent jetstream II is nearly complete!

Hey there guys,
I received my Jetstream II last monday(but I had to stay in portland for the whole week because of family issues), so a week later I started building. I put the right side pedal in the left side, noticed the "L" stamped on one and realized my mistake(and the reason for all the issues I had made for myself installing the pedal). I worked my way through installing the derailleurs and cables. Much of this is new to me. Right now, all the components are installed(with very few thread stripping nightmares). My handlebars are set up(they are a bit too narrow for me, I'm talking with a metalworking buddy about building me some new ones, a bit wider and taller than the current). My only issue is the chain...I am not sure about the path it should take(there are two black tubes, neither of which is tightened down, on purpose?). Also, does the chain go under or over the idler? There is a small'ish bracket under the idler that could hold the chain, but I'm not positive. Also, when I received the chain, the pin was pushed all the way out, and I don't know how to reassemble it. My two roomates and I spent about two hours trying to wrangle the chain, one holding the tension'ing bracket on the rear derailleur(the one with the two sprockets) another holding the chain before those damn tubes so it wouldn't slip through, and the third trying to get the damn thing together. It didn't work. Any advice before I take it to my LBS(who I am sure will laugh at me, they are not cool, but the nearest one is about two miles and a half off the bus line and with no bike that sucks).

Also, the wheels I received had very little grease(not even enough to get my fingers greasy when putting the skewers through). Should I put more grease in? Also, is there any advantage to presta valves over schraeder? They just seem to be way too complex for my tastes.
I got a mirror for free from a buddy at an LBS in portland(my home city,I'm at Uni now), I also was given an AirZound airhorn as an early birthday present(which was given to me at 7;30 this morning, guh, its loud!)

Sorry for the Giantpost but I am stoked for my bike!