View Single Post
Old 04-13-06, 08:26 AM
RedDeMartini

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congratulations Daibatsusan,
I didn't even know you were applying. I will send my recommendations over to Alex.
I was there for two years and though it is crazy in the summer it is also a lot of fun.
Full time is a whole different world.
Just look forward to Toledo Sunday Afternoons, Chaos thursday nights, always offer to go for food. Coffee is always good at ten and at four. Go to Tryst but make sure they know you are citybikes. You will get the real service. Get two packs of Schaeffer from North Sea on Thursday around six. Work on your Spanish. Make friends with Jose and the Arrevelo Brothers.
Euan and Alex are always stressed. Bring Music.
Learn to handle crazy people.
Mark likes raw sugar packets from the coffee shops, Paul likes kabob salads from the Astor. So's your mom is the best deli in DC.
Ep is now the same as former employee discount, so be creative in shopping. One of us usually has the item.
Drink lots of water.
Smile and nod. The crazy people will eventually leave and everyone can laugh about it later.
Get to know the friends of the shop.
Drink beer.
Mr. Chens is not very good anymore. North sea is inexplicably better. Martin will argue this.
When you stack, do it fast.
Go to the pharmacy bar after work, this is your new home.
Monday morning sucks, Thursday night is a delight.
Kevin Costello, Shawn Smith and Sol, do not work there. But they may as well.
Watch Euan's face when you meet someone new, it is a great indicator of whether that person is a friend or a freak. He knows who everyone is.
Check I Saw You in CL and citypaper, you will be in there.
The airhose is outside.
Offer to sweep.
Bring music. Make sure music is always playing, when it stops everyone starts to freak out a little bit.
Have fun, see you thursday.

Last edited by RedDeMartini; 04-13-06 at 08:56 AM.