View Single Post
Old 06-03-03, 07:43 PM
mechBgon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
edit: haha, I type too slow and moabrider47 got it covered already

If the head badge has a teeny 4-digit number stamped into it, the first three numerals tell the day of manufacture and the last digit tells the year. For example, 0459 means the frame was built on the 45th day of a year ending with 9.

I think your bike might be a 2000, based on the color scheme (front silver, rear blue, with darts between?) and assuming that the Judy TT is the stock fork. Unfortunately it's been a couple of years since I've worked in the industry and my memory is slipping, so I might be wrong

As for the valve type, here's 2000 words on the subject I like Zefal pumps fairly well, myself, and they will work on either type of valve (ask the shop staff if you need help switching it from one valve type to the other, or consult the back of the package).

The Zefal pumps will have clips that let you dock the pump beside your waterbottle cage, so you don't need a bag that's big enough to hold a pump. Jandd Mountaineering makes some nice US-made bags, or you can pick up whatever you lay eyes on first.

Good job getting the bike from a shop Now go put some mileage on, get it all broken in, and make sure to get your free checkup, and your bike will be off to a good start in life