View Single Post
Old 04-20-06, 03:13 PM
Sir Lunch-a-lot

Bikes: Montague Folding/E-Bike, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, perhaps the guy on the movie thought they were more comfortable because he didn't ride a significant distance with it (kind of like most people who say these inch or more thick gel seats are comfy. yeah, they are comfy... for half a mile)

But Holy Zarquon Singing Fish! I looked at a lot of the links in the other thread, and saw nothing but gel-padded saddles!!! Tell me, does anybody other than the uber expensive companies (such as brooks) make any non-gel padded seats anymore? I can't say that I have seen them in Walmart or Canadian tire (the closest thing I've got to a LBS. The nearest real LBS is 300+ Km away). What I should do is see if I can figure out how to craft my own seat. Start off with a wood block, carve it up, use it to make a mold, or just use it by itself... I wonder, if I were to strip down some of these gel-padded seats, if there would be much of anything left?

Well, anyway, thanks for the input. I guess I'll just stick to my old touring saddle and screw around with the angle then. It's just that I had been meaning to ask about the mentioned saddle type for a while now. Maybe I will attempt to build one... someday...