View Single Post
Old 04-26-06, 09:53 AM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I live in England, so probably not a goer - thanks for the offer though. I'm also not planning to spend significant money on this bike - I might just use it as a winter beater. I got it out in the full daylight today, and it has aftermarket chrome forks, which are rather rusty. Apparently the original fork was damaged when the guy bought it, and it wobbled all over. Anyhow, it's never going to look perfect and shiny, and I don't really feel inclined to replace the freewheel, so.....

I'm going to clean it up, swap out the rear wheel with a battered but servicable one of a Peugot womens bike I pulled to pieces, put new tyres on, and use it. It has a saddlebag, a rack, and mudguards, so it's pretty practical, but it doesn't look like much, so I might use it when I'm going to need to leave a bike somewhere locked up in the open. That way I can use the rear wheel for my fixie project after all, and not have to worry about a new freewheel!

Last edited by Sammyboy; 04-26-06 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to say thankyou!