View Single Post
Old 09-05-01, 11:16 PM
catfish-archive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posted by george t korkos

Another day, and still glad to be out here and living. the guy I mentioned in my last post Robert, I met up with him again in this town yesterday afternoon his bike that he was riding was a hundred dollar special and everything was wrong with it, so i ran into him in the local bike shop he was getting outfitted on a brand new bike the machanic was setting it up for him as we talked.

He told me of the trip he took through hells canyon and kinda what to expect he also mentioned he wrote a book about it called "the depest canyon in the world" some day I will do a search for the book.

After pulling out of baker city tomorrow it is a week or so of many climbs and decents as I make my way accross Idaho and into messoula. I got a good look at a calander last night, you know it is easy to loose track of the days here, I see next week is labor day, that means no restrictions between 11 am and 4 pm on going to the sun hy in glacier park. If I go that way that will be good. BUT now Ihave to start thinking about snow! this road usually closes arround the middle of sept due to heavy snow If i go fast i might make it over the divide befor it gets bad. If not ILL have to back track 200 miles and go arround.

the areas i am biking in since 3 days ago is all new havent been here befor I did try to get here last year but the forest fires chased me way north. However the areas i did see befor all look differant because I am traveling east instead of west and get a different take on things.

Probeley wont be able to get to a computer for a while, IlL let Kelli know what is going on and as she gets time can post thanks for stoping by and taking a look at my adventure.

catfish/(george t korkos)