Jakey
Feed me your soul!

Bikes: Torelli 20th Anniversary, Trek 2000, Kona NuNu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DXchulo
Conspiracy theory alert: Jan is taking a page out of Lance's book and pretending he's not on good form. He wants them to think he's out of shape.

I don't buy that, but why not throw it out there. Anyway, Romandie was a tough course and it was his first race back, so I wouldn't get too excited yet. I think it took a lot of balls for him to do that race. He was damned if he did, damned if he didn't. If he did race he was sure to be a little out of shape, and people would knock him for that. Lance never had the ball to race in a situation like that. If he didn't race everyone would say it was just Jan being lazy again. It's going to take a lot of balls for him to do the Giro for the same reason, and I hope he sticks to that plan. I have a feeling by the last week of the Giro we'll be talking about how good he's looking and how quickly he turned things around. Remember, he was always the kind of guy who started looking the best towards the end of the TDF.

I don't know if that theory is totally true, but I read somewhere (I'll search for the link) that someone saw him motorpacing up a stiff climb in Italy, and just screaming up the mountain... I wouldn't put too much weight on his romandie results. His performances in a few key Giro stages, will tell alot more.