View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 07:27 AM
cruentus
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A true mark of a wannabe wrencher-elitist is their constant bashing of Craftsman tools. "Craftsman sucks. Look at me. I'm so sophisticated and elite."

Most pro auto mechanics don't use craftsman tools -- Mac or Snap-on being preferred. That said, craftsman tools are more than adequate for DIY home mechanics. I own mostly Craftsman tools and have used my tools constantly over the last 25 years. I've maintained and repaired all my cars, motorcycles and bikes with my Craftsman tool set and I haven't broken very many of them -- screwdrivers mostly, they do suck.

How many engine/trans R&Rs have you wrencher wannabes performed? I've done dozens.

Back to the OP question. A 1/4 inch drive torx bit should fit a 1/4 drive wrench irrespective of the make of bit or wrench. If your torx bits won't fit on the drive of the wrench, you may have a burr, or some other defect, on the drive end of the wrench. I've had this problem with other wrenches, the solution was some careful file work on the drive end of the wrench.