View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 01:36 PM
onetwentyeight 
blah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
going down a steep hill, was cut off by a very stoned mountain biker. i initiated a skid and was lightly squeezing the front brake to slow down faster. however when i ran into the other cyclist my hand instinctively squeezed and my front wheel locked up. i was still going fast enough that it caused my back wheel to lift and me flying down the hill. i snapped my arm in half. had i not done that i probably would have pushed through him and fallen on my side. part my own error, but thats what happened. this was at critical mass so incompetent riders on your wheel is kind of inevitable. needless to say i dont do critical mass anymore.

i just think that if you're in a situation where you have to slam on your brakes, you're probably ****ed anyway.

when i ride i am not going as fast as i can and then stopping as fast as i can. i am trying to pace traffic, stop lights, etc. speed in city riding is not soley determined by how hard you push the pedals, but how well you ride in traffic. i know the timing of the stop lights on my commute from work by heart and can often get home without ever having to stop.