TexasGuy
That darn Yankee

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ignominious
There are a number of cycles that cause the problems that you are witnessing.

Education: This is the biggie really. There is a failure to teach the need for socially productive behaviour and thus the behavious becomes anti-social. Subsequently efforts to teach socially acceptable behaviour are aimed at places where results are more apparent. The neglected place continue to decline.

Societal: We fail to respect these people and so they see themselves as unworthy of respect and thus do nothing to earn it. Naturally our ablility to respect diminishes.

Economic, environmental and so on. The cycles all go the same way.

I'm not going to outright blame the "haves" for the failing of the "have-nots" but we certainly contribute to a degree and those on the advantaged side are in a better position to effect change. If you ask people from these areas, practically none of them like their conditions but hey, what can any of them do about it? How are they going to be able to make change that lasts?
How have I failed? I pay 20+% to feed these people with social security, welfare, medicare, drug rehab programs, schools, teachers, etc. If it were up to me I'd only pay for national roads and put my tax money into my community and city, where I care about.
I mean ****, the more welfare you give them to "make" their lives easier, the more teachers you put there, the worse the problem becomes. Wake up people, solving the problem by being niocer, giving them more money, it's not worked for half a century plus. For some its not worked for a century plus. They're not getting smarter, They're not being patriotic, they're not caring for their children, their future, they're children's futures, their neighborhood. If something has failed so badly for so long, it's not going to solve the problem, and its not our fault that they gave up on life. They were that way a long, long time ago. I would put more blame on the schools then I would put the blame on anybody else, but ultimately it goes down to the parents.
What more do they want us to do ?