TexasGuy
That darn Yankee

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TYB069
How did that happen?? I can think of no way to go from making 500,000/year to less than even 50,000/year without having some idea it was going to happen and/or getting back to 500,000/year very quickly. What did you/your parents do for a living to even be making that much money? You had no savings/investments to fall back on? I'm sorry but I would not call your family poor if they ever made over 500,000/year even for one year. My parents make that much after about 16 or 17 years. Sorry for flaming but I just don't see being poor after making money like that.
My dad was I think 55 at the time. The money that had supposedly been being put away was supposed to go towards retirement and we were supposed to be able to be trained to do the same thing. At some point you run out of energy and that was his. Barn straightening is extremely tough work. It's hard to tell whether the loss of the money hurt him alot more then he showed, because he came from an era where he started working for a quarter a day or something.