View Single Post
Old 05-11-06, 03:12 PM
DocRay

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by cyclintom
A friend of mine, with whom I'll be touring Ireland soon, was riding with a friend who turned unexpectedly up a bike trail. My friend tried to follow him and crashed into a chain link fence.

His helmet straps caught in the fence and it snapped his neck. Luckily he suspect it from the sound and didn't try to move and told the ambulance guys. They put pins in his skull and had him in a halo for 6 weeks at least. He survived without injury but 9 out of 10 people to whom that happened wouldn't have.

It was the HELMET that almost killed him.

But actually in both cases it had nothing to do with the helmet but had everything to do with careless riding. Let's try to put the blame where it belongs?
Tom, this is the single dumbest BS story post you've made up. And that's saying a lot.
EVERY helmet thread has some personal story of yours with some freak situation. Either these amazing stories are all fabricated to prove some bizarre viewpoint of yours...or you lead some exceptional life, I think you need a few cups of recommended beverage. Enough "Amazing Tales".

Please, ride your bike helmetless more so you can lessen the time before your posts cease.