View Single Post
Old 06-16-03, 07:19 PM
AntiZero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Apparently they sell enough of these bikes that the store will special order it and I can still say no later - they can sell it easily enough. They speak highly of the Bad Boy - they're the ones who told me about it in the first place. Aside from product listings, I haven't found much for real information or reviews on it. I've test-ridden several of their bikes and I definitely like the Cannondales best. This is my first "real" bike since I was a kid on a Wal-Mart mountain bike, so I don't think the nuances of each individual bike will have that big of an effect on me - I'm not "used" to any particular style or geometry - so I'll probably just grow accustomed to whatever I buy now.

I much prefer the mountain bike styling and ride positioning. I'd like to jump a few curbs, ride down some steps, and not cringe if I hit a pothole - but I don't see myself climbing over any logs or boulders (although putting mtb tires on later is a nice option). I feel like I'm going to break a road bike.

From all the bikes I've looked at, it seems like the Bad Boy sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I rode a couple hybrids and I just said "eh" when I was done. A test ride will be the determining factor - if it doesn't feel like a solid bike capable of my rides, then I'm not going to talk myself into buying it just for it's "cool" factor.

I just want to hear what any Bad Boy owners (or people who have decided against the Bad Boy) have to say about it.