View Single Post
Old 05-13-06, 04:55 AM
motorhommmer

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Sport, Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, Brompton, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doorhammer
This July I'm flying into Ireland with a friend of mine for a month long tour to wherever the wind takes us so to speak. He has a Trek Xo1 and I'm riding a *gasp* GF Mullet. I've had it for about a year, and over the winter, when I was bored and had money to blow, I slapped on some drop bars for my commuting, and bar-end shifters. I also recently ordered some 1.5" marathons for the trip.

We're likely as not flying into shannon. From there we head out, ninja-camping as we go. I have a guide to hostels, where we'll likely stop every once in awhile to clean up. For all I know we might end up staying in hostels more than that. We're incredibly flexible with our plans.

Any anecdotes, tips, ideas, or cautions would be welcome. I've read a few threads on touring ireland and figured I'd throw my own out there to get some attention.

Oddly enough, I never post on these forums because there's such a vast reservoir of knowledge just a search away.

I was going to go with a solid front fork, but I don't think I'll have the extra cash before we head out
I live in Ireland - a very good lock