Old 05-15-06, 10:29 AM
aikigreg
Recumbent Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Chris! Long time no see! I have only two regrets about the baron:

1) I have developed tendonitis that I know was caused by the recumbent. I can't seem to get rid of it, and was off all bikes from October to March. It's better now, but I'm still trying to heal. It was caused by too much boom extension. I've shortened that up, but now I think it's too short. I still seem to be trying to work out optimum boom length. Might go with some smaller cranks once I figure out if/how I need to change the rings as well.

2) I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just went balls-out and gotten a vk2. It seems I am a weight and/or speed weenie. I want faster faster faster. I've been trying to decide wether or not to get a vk2, or go that final distance with the baron and carbon-up what's left (cranks and fork, maybe a tailbox).

Otherwise, no regrets. I can fly on the thing now, and am loving it. I'm 25 pounds lighter this year, and the translation into speed is quite nice. I love being able to hold high speed for miles on end. I still suck at climbing, but I'm getting better. Other than possibly the vk2, I can't imagine what other bike would fit me better.

How are things your way? I was hoping I'd get to do the Horsey Hundred again this year, but we had some snow days and now I've got to work through friday, so I have no way to get there in time for the ride. I'm doing Ragbrai on the Baron, though.....