View Single Post
Old 05-17-06, 01:46 PM
kimak13

Bikes: 80's Peugeot Corbier beater fixed-gear, 90's Trek 1200 Aluminum Road Bike, 05' Jamis Dakar and Trek 7000 Aluminum MTB w/ road rims/tires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Poguemahone! You're the resident expert here, I've seen your name on most of the postings I've searched.

I couldn't wait until I got home, so I tried to throw the pictures I had up on the web for you to see. They are from when I first got the bike and are not pretty, before I started stripping it down and cleaned her. Let me know if you have issues accessing them: http://kimak13.50megs.com/

(sorry about the initial issues with the pictures CV-6, not sure what happened)

It looks like the "531" on the sticker (what's left of it) is horizontal, which would mean that it's a PR/PK10? I'll post the SN when I get home to see if we can learn any more from that. I'll have to read the other posting you sent to identify the BB stuff, though I may still have questions.

We're too late on removal of the crank; I went to my LBS yesterday and they did not have a Stronglight crank puller and sent me to another (high end snobby) bike shop. For the benefit of those reading from NYC it was R&A Cycles on 5th Ave. in Brooklyn. They gave me a hard time, as if it was beneath them to do such a small job, though they still managed to mess it up and pulled the entire bottom bracket instead of the crank as I had asked. The manager didn't give correct instructions to the mechanic in the back, and then he got angry when I asked them to pull the other crank from the spindle, as that was all I asked for in the first place because I didn't have that tool. They then pulled the crank arm from the spindle and handed the crank arm and SOME (not all) of the BB parts (bearings falling to the floor as he walked out from the shop)...therefore I don't even have a full BB to work with or give away. BEWARE of R&A Cycles.

I hope they didn't strip it, I hadn't thought of that?

Last edited by kimak13; 05-17-06 at 03:19 PM.