View Single Post
Old 05-21-06, 03:25 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SemperFi
Went for a ride today and the only problem I had was a stiff headwind which did a number on my eyes. Right now they feel gritty and irritated. I've been wearing my regular eyeglasses when on the bike to see the computer but I think the numbers are big enough to see without my prescription glasses. Can anyone recommend some decent eye protection...wraparounds, sports goggles, etc?
There are lots of Cycling specific googles out there and any GOOD LBS will carry a stock of different types. Couple of suggestions though- Try them on before you buy and wear them for at least 5 minutes to make certain they fit. The other suggestion is to get a pair with interchangable lens's to cater for differeing conditions.

I use Rudy Projects and find they are fantastic for me. Bit on the pricey side but have had them for over 8 years with no problems- In fact I like them so much- I bought 2 pairs with different lens types so I don't have the hassle of changing them.

Spike Milligan