DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally posted by Koffee Brown
I will probably never do the LATE ride- it's as bad as Bike the Drive, but at night. My friends went and said it was so crowded you're riding at a crawl for the majority of the ride. That doesn't sound like much fun.
It's a lot of fun if you treat it like a big party. However, you can get some good speed going. I was riding near the front. Some idiot in a Mustang ignored all the road blocks and warnings and ended on the route. The driver started yelling at the riders and took off. A bunch of us accelerated off the front and chased him down until he was stopped by police. Then we just pointed and laughed.

Originally posted by Koffee Brown

I don't think the Bike the Drive is like Critical Mass- CM seems to serve the purpose of creating havoc and disrupting traffic by riding in the traffic to prove their point.
In my mind, there's a subtle but big difference between organised rides and CM. CM is not sanctioned by the municipality and rides like Bike the Drive and the L.A.T.E. Ride have cooperation of the city.