View Single Post
Old 05-26-06, 02:01 AM
01GTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would say if you are pretty new to riding, doing it in June in the heat and humidity, I would guess you would want to give yourself some extra time, and plenty of water. Are you going to ride all the way there and back, 80 miles? Or just one way? I generally average about 13mph or so on my hybrid when riding more than 25 miles. I usually take a couple minute break every 10 to 15 miles.

I know the feeling. I shared your enthusiasm, looking forward to riding all the cool paved trails in central Florida when I first got my bike. To date, I haven't been on a single one They are too far away. The closest is probably 18 miles away, and it's not practical to ride the bike to get to it. When I think about loading it up in the truck, I just decide it's not worth the effort. Maybe one day this county will catch up building multi use trails, but I doubt it. I had to make my own trail route on the local roads Interestingly enough, though I can't manage to drive 20 miles to get to a trail around here, I have taken the bike with me to Virginia and Maryland and ridden a few there