Old 05-31-06, 08:32 AM
Cavedog

Bikes: Street and Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 古強者死神
I wish they could do somthing like say get 50% of the cost of your bicycle back on your tax refund if you buy a bicycle to commute to work.

Somthing along those lines, as a way to promote the use or purchase of a bicycle or a way to make it cheaper.

The article states it as a "cheap" way to get around but in my experince its pretty expensive ^^

50$ gets me to/from work for 3 weeks in gas on my truck I would have to bike to work for about 5 months just to pay for the bike in the cost of gas.
If you are going to figure the cost of the bike, then you need to include the cost of the truck, insurance and maintenance of said truck.

Not to mention the pounds of pollutants that your truck puts out.

Or you can exclude the cost of your bike from your original equation, and just compare the operating costs (fuel). Since you eat no matter what, the $50.00 for gas in your truck is going to be hard to equal in additional food (bike fuel). I'd be willing to bet (a small bet, say, a granola bar) that the extra fuel for your bike is in the area of a extra forkfull of hamburger helper or such.