View Single Post
Old 06-07-06, 12:47 PM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HT, m'kay?

Originally Posted by Petanca
Are they pretty much the best you can get for your money in the 1000-1500 CDN dollar range, for singletrack? Also which one would you consider the best Stumpjumper? I Like how the Stmpjumper FSR Pro looks, and the comp one looks nice to, but which one would you reccomend? I'm looking at the full suspension Stumpjumpers...

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=12787

Thanks
I wouldn't look at a new $1500 suspension bike, unless it's been severely discounted. The base 2006 Stump FSR is going to be $2500 in Calgary, maybe more. Even if you found one from last year [I think Bow and the Bike Shop are both out of '05 bikes], it would probably still be out of your range. Consider buying a hardtail. I know, I know, hardtails aren't as "cool" or "heavy" as an FS bike, but for the XC riding in and around Calgary, it's all you need. As your riding progresses, and you find that you want to hit drops/gaps/stunts, you'll trash a XC bike anyway, in which case you'll want a freeride bike. Just my $0.02...