Old 06-08-06, 08:27 PM
willtsmith_nwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Callouses are good ...

Originally Posted by Chone
My once beautiful soft hands (lol) are now rough and hardened because of riding (mainly because of trials than other riding for obvious reasons) so what can I do about it, its a problem to me because it hurts and its uncomfortable but its also for aesthetic reasons (judge me all you want... I want to take care of my body ). What can I do to prevent blisters and calluses? Are well padded gloves enough, I used to have Specialized XC Long g
loves which sucked but my Fox Sidewinder are coming soon but what can I do to cure the blisters and calluses, ice? soap and water? pumice (or other exfoliants)? grinding the calluses off? cream (the moisturizing kind)? ointment? Once I do get rid of the calluses and blisters what can I do to prevent any damage to the skin of the hand once the first sign of new blisters and calluses appear?

Hmm, any skin-care gurus (otherwise known as dermatologists lol) here to enlight me on the subject?

Contrary to what your manicurist might say ... callouses are good things. This is natures natural padding and will eventually rid you of your blisters if you will allow them to develop.

I suggest hammering. Go to the lumber yard, buy a couple of horses and a 2x12 than drive nails. That will get you some good callouses.

For the feet, I suggest not wearing shoes as much as possible. Join a martial arts class and then observe how tough your tenderfeet become.