sgtsmile
Speed Demon *roll eyes*

Bikes: 1998 specialized s-works mtn bike / 2005 Kona Jake the Snake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3dw
I had shoes, shirt, pants, and a small bag with wallet, phone, etc. It's all in REI roll shut kayak style bag. It probably weighs mabe like 10lbs.
I was using it on my Kona Jake, so I'm set up for a rack. The only thing is I use it on the trails and rides on the weekends, so it might be kind of hassle taking it on and off. I guess it's just a couple of screws though.
I realy like not having a pack on. It wasn't bad on the way home, but I was very conscious it was back there. Didn't want to get bittin again.
I put a rack on my jake the snake (kona) and love it. I hardly feel the rack, and like the panniers I bought (Norco axiom stormfront panniers). I highly reccommend those bags! They are a tad heavy compared to some, but are totally waterproof (they are roll shut as well, btw - good design! - and have a large capacity). I have been caught in several downpours and nothing - from paper to clothing - has even gotten damp, never mind wet, while in those bags. Here is a link to the bags: http://www.axiomgear.com/bags_waterproof/typhoon.php Your bike will take a blackburn cross rack nicely, and it does not weigh a tonne. Weekend rides are done with the rack on and I hardly notice it after all the rides with the bags on it! I dont trail ride the Kona (since I have slicks on it and own a nice mtn bike) and could imagine the rack might get caught up there. It would depend on what your trails are like I suppose.

Good luck!