View Single Post
Old 06-11-06, 12:13 AM
outashape

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I usually do 4-5 tours a year. I pick states I can drive to within 24 hours from Michigan. I try to do one mountain ride out west that I fly to (Arizonia, Colorado, Utah, etc.) I will ride the same ride about 3-4 times if they change the route. Sometimes I do the same ride because of the time frame. Only 2 state (cheap) rides are available in early spring (Bike Florida and Safari Bike-Florida) and then in October, the last state ride is Cycle North Carolina. I bought all the lightweight gear and panniers to start riding on solo unsupported tours, but I do like be on group tours where you can talk to people when you get in from the ride. This year I cycled "Bike Florida" (cycled in 2005 also) and will be leaving next week for "Bike Virginia" (new) I'll probably use the same route as 2006 Bike Florida and do it solo in November/December if I don't sign up for CNC. Lots of fun. BTW, you see a lot of the same people on the rides so even if you go by yourself, you can usually find someone to hook up with and hang around with at Dinner or the nightly entertainment. I usually ride by myself and lunch with whoever is at the lunch stop. I leave early and see the same people each day that leave early, it is a nice way to meet people.

P.S. I hope I don't get in trouble for posting in this forum, I am only 48 but the average age on most tours is 60 I think.