View Single Post
Old 06-11-06, 04:30 AM
wf_mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TCR, thanks for the link. I followed the link, which provided the details for a number of great climbs in the area.

jschen, nothing wrong with a triple. Since we don't have any climbs that long where I live, I was just curious what gearing someone used for such a long climb.

Nessism, I don't ride with a club. I generally just meet up with a bunch of guys on the weekend. Many of the guys ride with clubs (PDQ, Snake Bite Racing, October Lake Effect). The main reason I don't join a club is because I'm not really into racing even though I like to ride with the guys that do race. I live in Strongsville, so I probably ride with some of the same people you used to ride with. We log a lot of miles in the Metroparks.

A number of people have mentioned the traffic, and Nessism mentioned that one of the climbs might be closed to driving. Most of the routes where I am do not have too much traffic, so I didn't really think about that. Which climbs, if any, have minimal to no traffic? Are there good/better/bad times of the day to be riding?

Are most of the good climbs/routes generally populated with other cyclists? On weekdays or just weekends?