Old 06-14-06, 05:47 AM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked 2,135 Times in 1,440 Posts
I started out looking for a new bike almost two years ago. I spent the better part of a year test riding all sorts of bikes. It was really an eye opening experience because I felt firsthand the subtle differences in materials, geometry, wheels etc.

I started off looking at combined CF/Ti that included Serotta Ottrott and Seven Elium along with Merlin and some others. Then I switched to all CF, Al, Al/CF including farmes like Pinnarello Dogma. I ultimately ended up with all TI and went with Seven.

I had fittings using both the Serotta device and Seven. Both gave identical results. Thde one thing I liked about Seven is the process seemed to give more consideration to the riders/buyers riding styles. They were more tuned in to making characteristics from varying tube thicknesses.

You can't go wroung with any of the farmes mentioned - Seven, Serotta, or IF. If you can, do like I did and try them all out. There are many good shops in your area so combine local trips, vacations, long weekends, travel, etc., with some test rides.

Have a good time doing it and deciding.