Old 10-20-00, 04:21 PM
mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I was riding my bike to pick up my grade-school son at school today. It was a beautiful day with the fall leaves blowing around. I was on a lonely residential street at 3:00 PM just enjoying my ride completely.

Then, a big Chevy blazer pulls right up behind me just about 1/2 inch from the rear of my bike and blasts his horn long and loud.

I look back at him and he pulls beside me, rolls down his window and starts swearing at me telling me to ride on the sidewalk and get off the rode. I told him bikes have the right to be on the rode. He kept swearing and using the "F" word. I told him to review his driverfs manual or go take drivers education again. He flipped me off and swore and drove off.

Guess where he went - you guessed it. He drove right to the small Catholic school where my son goes and he waited to pick up his kid. Of course, I did not know this guy and had not recognized him from before.

Jeez, I thought, this will be awkward. I better get this behind us, so I saw the guy waiting by the school door, went up to him and said, "look, we got off on the wrong foot, let's make amends". He swore at me some more and told me to get out of his face.

At the point of the car/bike incident, I took his license plate number and had full intention of calling the cops. Now that I find his child goes to the same small school, I am hesitant to call the cops.

What do you think? Call the cops, not call the cops? Forget about it? What?

Mike

[Edited by mike on 10-20-2000 at 06:23 PM]